Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Why am I blogging?

Well this is my first post of my first blog!  I'm not exactly sure what this blog will turn into.  My guess is that it will turn in a "weight loss journey" blog, but who knows?  I may throw in some other stuff just to purposely throw the theme off course and keep you guessing. 

About me:  Overall, I really have a wonderful life.  I married my amazing husband Thomas about 3 years ago.  


For our honeymoon we did a 7 day cruise in the eastern Caribbean.  It was amazing!  We can't wait to go on that cruise again for one of our anniversaries!


Literally the day after we got back from our honeymoon, we closed on our house!  It was a whirlwind time.  But we LOVE it.  



Almost a year ago, we had our beautiful little boy Anderson!  He is constantly on the move!  He is probably the happiest baby I have ever met.  He is always giggling and keeps us laughing.  We are amazed each and everyday with how much we love him!


So what could be missing?  Living the American Dream right?  Amazing family, wonderful friends, etc.  Well, I'll tell you what is holding me back from being as happy as I should be, MY WEIGHT.  Over the last few years, my weight has really gotten out of control.  It "weighs" on my mind constantly.  I feel awful because I have so much going for me..  I have so much to be grateful for.  But I am constantly feeling down about the "weigh" I look.  Okay, enough with the "weight" jokes. 

I think I have the "typical" weight loss story.  I have been "trying" to lose weight since college.  I would go through a few months of weight watchers ... and then quit.  Or heavy duty work out regimens ... and then quit.  Track calories...and then quit. Each time I would lose a few pounds, hit a plateau, get frustrated ... and quit.  And then the process would start all over again.  Each time I would start at a weight a little higher than where I started the time before.  I AM SICK OF IT!!!  

I am also a super-nerd.  So each time I try to lose weight I of course make pretty little excel sheets tracking how much I have lost and "forecasting" where I would be in a few months or by the end of the year if I "keep it up."  This past November when I decided to "start" again, I found a weight loss spreadsheet that I had made from the year before.  If I had stuck with it then and not quit, by now I would be at my goal weight.  But nope, I gave up and was now starting higher than the previous year.  I finally decided SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GIVE.  

While I think his blog will become me writing about a variety of things, I do think the central theme will be me tracking (for myself) and updating (for you guys) my weight loss journey.  I will show you what has worked for me and what hasn't.  I will also hopefully gain encouragement from all of you to keep it up!  I hope that my blog helps inspire others like other blogs have inspired me.  

Right now my big question is, am I brave enough to actually list my starting weights?  SCARY!  It would be embarrassing and humiliating to put it out there, but also empowering in a way. And it will give me something to look back on each time I reach a new milestone!  

What do y'all think?


6 comments:

  1. Love this idea Amy! I say post the weight. It is not for us readers to judge. We are here to encourage you or you to encourage us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista! I think I might!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I LOVE THIS. It is such a great idea for you to start writing about your journey, and I know we will all learn so much from you!

    (Also, love the "weigh" jokes! haha)

    You are pretty amazing, and I am so impressed and proud of your dedication this time around. I know you will continue to make it happen because there is a fire under your butt that I haven't seen before!

    Posting your starting weights will #1 motivate others to be honest with themselves #2 make you realize you never want to reach those numbers again #3 show you how much progress you are making--IN WRITING! There is nothing to be embarrassed about because YOU are making a change for the BETTER, which is so inspiring and motivating.

    Can't wait to read more. This will be my new favorite blog! :) hehe.

    I love you!

    -Your sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first post! I am looking forward to hearing more about clean eating, this is something I have thought of trying lately. I know that you can do this, you amaze me with every thing else you do - and while I think you are beautiful now - if this is something that you want then I want it for you! As for whether you post your weight, I understand your hesitation, but really it's just a number. Anyone judging you on that should not be here reading your posts because that would mean they aren't rooting for you. I feel that making the post as honest as possible will only underline your goals for you. I look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love your blog. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more on your journey. With regards to the 'lifting weights'-Boy! this is scary to everyone who starts out. I rem my first time- I felt horrible. NOW, I love lifting weights and the feeling you get from it in incerdible. I would go with a firend or ask a trainer to show u some basic stuff and how certain machines work. I could never figure them out. lol
    I have a fitness page now, your sister follows it. I post recipes and workouts and motiational stuff. Hopefully that will be of help to..
    Go kick some ass... You already one steo in the right direction..
    https://www.facebook.com/daniela.conversano.37#!/pages/FitnessFoodFun/375199129228074?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete