Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater

Well I haven't written a new post in a while...and here is why...I'VE BEEN CHEATING.

I have been too embarrassed to write because I haven't had good results to report :(  After Anderson's bday party a week and a half ago, I just got off the bandwagon.  I allowed myself a couple cheat meals in a row, and BAM down hill I went!

All last week I ate whatever I wanted.  I will say it was better than I used to be, but it was still bad.  By last Friday, I told myself "I'll start fresh again on Monday."  So of course Saturday and Sunday I stuffed my face.  Ugh, what is my deal.  I'm not going to lie, this is how I was feeling...



Anyways, this Monday I got back on it.  And I looked on the scale and had gained 4 lbs in one week.  OMG.  Seriously?  It takes a month to lose 4 lbs and 1 week to gain it back! I was so frustrated and disappointed in myself.  But seriously, after one day of dedicated focus the next morning I was 3 lbs lighter.  So that made me feel a little bit better.  I honestly believe drinking tons of water if key.  I hadn't been doing good with my water last week and I could definitely tell.  So now I am 1 lb away from where I was at my lowest 2 weeks ago.  I am 2 lbs away from hitting a new "decade" the 160s!  I WANT TO BE THERE SOOO BAD!  I am making a goal to get there by my weigh in on Wednesday, but that could be a stretch!  We will see!

I totally make mistakes and am still figuring out how to make this "clean" eating work in my life.  I absolutely believe that it is the healthiest way to be, but I am thinking that for myself right now, I can't be a 100% clean eater.  I am aiming to be a 70% clean eater and hopefully over time I will keep raising that percentage.  For the first few weeks of clean eating I did great.  But after a while I felt like I was eating the same exact things over and over and over again and got bored and wanted to cheat.  So, my new goal is to try to do a much better job of branching out, researching clean eating recipes, and totally mixing it up on what I am eating every week. Variety is the spice of life right?

I think this all the time....



But we all know this is a  life long journey.  I can't look at it as a diet.  It is a new lifestyle.  And if I want to have a few "Treat" meals every now and then that is okay.  They aren't "cheat" meals.  I just need to make them a "treat" MEAL and not a treat WEEK!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone has weeks like that! What is important is that you get back on track, and you are totally doing that so kudos! As you've been eating clean a while, you will get more and more clean recipes under your belt and it won't be so boring.


    Never be embarassed to post what you are going through because every single person reading has been there! It allows everyone including you to know they're not alone! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! I'm totally with you! Been going through the same stuff. Started a clean diet this week... and am already bored on day 3. As you find some good recipes, please share...we're all in it together. :-)

    ReplyDelete