Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mini-Goals

Today is a happy day for me!  I have reached my current mini-goal of getting into the 160's!  I have found that setting mini-goals is extremely less daunting than looking at the full amount of weight that I want to lose.  I have two different types of mini goals.  One kind is scale driven, and the other is what I call a "non-scale victory."  I actually reached one last night and one this morning.  In case you are dying of curiosity, I will share my goals with you :)

Scale Driven Goals:

Original Weight (in November when I started focusing):  191
212 is the weight I reached when I had Anderson.  So I had already lost 21 lbs when I started being more "focused" in November.  So I am counting 191 as my starting weight.

191.0 lbs (Went from being considered severely obese to "just" obese on the BMI chart) - November 2012
181.4 lbs (5% of my body weight lost) - January 2013
171.9 lbs (10% of my body weight lost) - April 2013
169.9 lbs (Get into the 160's!  Woo hoo) - April 2013
166.0 lbs (25 lbs lost!) - Next on the list!
163.7 lbs (Out of the obese category and into the Over-weight category on the BMI Chart!)
162.5 lbs (15% of my body weight lost)
158 lbs (What I weighed on my wedding day)
152.8 lbs (20% of my body weight lost)
145 lbs (What I weighed when I graduated high school)
141 lbs (40 lbs lost) (or 72 lbs since having Anderson)
136 lbs (Out of the over-weight category and into the normal category on the BMI Chart!) (Not sure if this will ever happen!)

As far as my non-scale victories are concerned, these are mostly based on clothing sizes, fitness goals, etc.

Last night I was able to zip some of my old 10's without a problem!  This was a huge victory to me!  I have been in 12's for a VERY long time and even slid into a couple of 14's right after I had Anderson.  I would LOVE to be a solid 8.  I think I would be happy at that size.  But who knows?  Maybe after that, I will keep chugging along!  I tend to post about my non-scale victories right after they happen.  Often times, I don't even realize I had that "goal" in mind until it happens, such as when I ran 15 minutes without stopping the other day.  And of course I felt great about doing it! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE mini goals! They will make your journey seem to go by so much faster!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are keeping ME motivated!! Love following!

    Congrats on one of your mini goals! :)

    ReplyDelete