Sunday, April 14, 2013

Latest Challenges

Well I have decided to start a couple of new challenges.  For all of you who know me (which I assume is everyone that reads this blog), you know that I am a goal setter.  I do better when I have defined goals to shoot towards.  For example, I have an excel sheet that lists what I should weigh every week to keep me on track to meet my overall "big picture" weight goal.  I have decided to add two more goals that I can track by numbers. 

I am going to start doing the 100 push-ups challenge.  You can see the challenge here:  http://www.hundredpushups.com/

My arms have always been a problem area for me.  When I gain weight, my arms are usually one of the first places to show it.  Which also means, they are one of the last places to get toned when I am losing weight.  So I am trying to jump start things a bit.  Yes, I am starting the challenge doing "girl push-ups."  But my thought is, if I can get to where I am doing 100 consecutive "girl push-ups," then I can definitely start the challenge over doing real push-ups.  So that is my current plan :)  I started Day 1 today.  But not before I took some lovely (or not so lovely) "before" pictures of my arms.  Hopefully when I take the after pictures in 7 weeks or so, we will be able to tell a difference!






I decided while I'm at it, I might as well work on my stomach too!  After having a c-section a year ago, things could definitely use some tightening up.  So along with the 100 push-ups challenge, I will be doing the 200 sit ups challenge.  You can see the challenge here:  http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

And yes, I took a "before" shot of my stomach, but I am not near brave enough to post that on here.  Maybe if the after shot is awesome in 7 weeks, I will post it.  But don't hold your breath :)

Until then, send me good karma for hitting the 160s this week!!  I am trying real hard to get there!


1 comment:

  1. These sound like great ideas!!! I can't wait to see your results! Build that muscle woman!

    ReplyDelete